You may think you can handle it all on your own; however, the truth is you are going to need professional help. With the guidance of a probate attorney, you will be one step ahead of the game. Here at Law Offices of Jorge L. Gonzalez. P.A., our lawyer for wills is here for you in Doral and Hialeah, FL. If you find yourself on the fence about whether or not to hire a law professional, we wanted to list some reasons to help swing you in the right direction.
Reasons To Hire A Lawyer
In the common law, a will or testament is a document by which a person, called the testator, regulates the rights of others over his or her property or family at death. However, people can also do living wills. People use living wills or advance directives to direct their medical care when they become unable to do it for themselves. The purpose is to avoid conflicts, confusion, and a lack of information about the patient’s preferences when a crisis arises. The living will can (1) guide the care, (2) name someone to substitute for you in decision making, or (3) both. The substitute decision-maker is called “a proxy decision-maker.” Since living wills involve medical decisions, and the legal part of making one is easier than the medical part, consider making a living will with a doctor and a lawyer.
Here is a list of a few reasons why you should hire a probate attorney:
- YOU NEED MORE THAN JUST A WILL
- Always remember and never forget: you don’t just need a will, you need an estate plan. While the two terms “will” and “estate plan” are often used interchangeably, this is wrong, as they are two different things. An estate plan is a set of legal documents to prepare for your death or disability. A will is just one of those legal documents, albeit an important one.
- SAVE TIME AND ENERGY
- Handing off the complex task of drafting a thorough estate plan to a responsible professional will alleviate an immense burden on you. It’s simply a lot of work to write an estate plan.
- SAVE MONEY
- Without an estate plan, you and your estate may end up paying more in the long run in professional fees, court costs, and taxes. Using a flat rate with an attorney will be much more straightforward and to your long-term economic advantage.
- SAVE MORE MONEY
- An experienced attorney knows where to look and what questions to ask to help you secure additional tax and financial benefits.
- IT’S COMPLICATED
- Keep in mind the law is dynamically changing all the time. The federal government, Iowa government, agencies like the IRS, and courts at every level are changing the rules of the game constantly. It’s almost a full-time job keeping track of the current play of the rules, let alone learning the rules to begin with.
You Can Count On Our Lawyer For Wills
Jorge L. Gonzalez is a dedicated family law and probate attorney with over 25 years of experience, representing and defending clients and their rights throughout the State of Florida. The Law Offices of Jorge L. Gonzalez, P.A. can provide you with aggressive representation and legal advice you need in family law matters, probate cases, traffic offenses, and bankruptcy.
Contact Us Today
We are here to help when it comes to a will. We are here to make it a little less stressful. If you are looking for a lawyer for wills who will get the job done, the Law Offices of Jorge L. Gonzales, P.A. are here to make sure you get exactly what you need. We are conveniently located in Doral and can also assist clients in Hialeah, FL. Call our family lawyer near me today for more information.