Are you looking to find a lawyer for your divorce? The progress of going through a divorce can be a stressful and intimidating time. A divorce lawyer can be a huge benefit in making the divorce as smooth as possible, but choosing someone to hire can be a task of its own. When you’re looking for a divorce lawyers near me, how are you supposed to know which is best suited for your needs? At the Law Offices of Jorge L. Gonzalez P.A. in Doral, FL, we have experience in handling divorce cases with ease and would look to share with you some things you should be asking when locating a divorce attorney.
12 Questions You Should Ask Your Potential Divorce Lawyer
- Ask About Their Experience
- How many divorce cases have you worked?
- How many of these cases were you able to settle?
- Are you familiar with local court judges?
- Do you think it’s better to mediate than to go to trial?
- These are questions you should ask to get a better understanding of your divorce lawyer’s experience. For cases involving more serious elements, like child custody or business valuation, you may want someone highly experienced. You should also consider if your divorce lawyer knows your spouse or your spouse’s lawyer.
- Ask About How Your Case Will Be Handled
- How much time can you devote to this case?
- How can we stay in communication during the trial?
- Are you handling this case or someone else from your firm?
- Who else will be involved with this case?
- It’s a good idea to get information on the resources that will be invested into your case. A divorce attorney may also have other cases, so knowing their workload can help you get an idea of how much time they have for you. Asking about their strategy and thoughts on the things you’re expecting from the case can be important as well.
- Ask About the Cost of Their Services
- What is your retainer fee?
- Are there any fees for any associates who will work on my case?
- How much do you charge for copies of relevant documentation?
- If my case goes to divorce court, will there be extra fees?
- Hiring a divorce lawyer can be an investment, so it’s helpful for you to understand what you’ll be spending and where that money is going. Don’t be afraid to ask where the money you’re paying is going.
The Benefit for When You Find a Lawyer
With the cost of a divorce lawyer, you might be wondering how exactly you benefit from hiring one. There are many complex elements of divorce court and lots of paperwork to maintain. Not only this, but if you and your spouse have conflicting views of who deserves what, it can be challenging to receive what it is you deserve. A divorce lawyer can help not only take care of the difficult tasks, but also has the knowledge to best help you receive what you’re looking to get out of the divorce case.
Contact Us for Divorce Lawyers Near Me
If you’re looking for divorce lawyers near me in Doral, FL, you’ll want to check out the Law Offices of Jorge L. Gonzalez P.A., as we have extensive knowledge and experience regarding divorce cases. Contact us today for more information and to ask us the questions you need answers to for your case and find a lawyer with us.